This course covers the following unit from Certificate III of the Rural Training Package RTE03. Particpants receive a Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the unit.
- RTC2306A - Operate Ride on Vehicle (ATV) (Currently unavailable)
Duration 1 day. Cost is $320.00 per person
This course covers the process of maintaining and operating all terrain vehicles. ATV’s are now commonly used in the rural workplace and recent research conducted by the National Health and Safety Commission identified that using ATVs was a significant cause of farm related injuries and deaths.
On completion, participants should be able to apply basic skills and knowledge to safely utilise individual controls and features of all terrain vehicles, with or without attached equipment, and carry out basic maintenance procedures. Competency requires an awareness of duty of care to self, others and the environment.
Our ATV Course covers the following:
- OH&S issues
- Wearing suitable protective gear
- Pre-start checks
- Operation of controls
- Hazards associated with ATV misuse
- Using the gears, including high and low range
- Starting and stopping
- Turning, gradual and quick riding strategies
- Riding over obstacles
- Riding in difficult terrain
- Riding up hills, down hills and across hills
- Carrying loads
- Environmental issues